Sunday, February 16, 2014

My New Life

Big update; I've moved to Hanoi! I found a part-time job on Sundays teaching. This will allow me to find other work during the week. My hope is to get some work proof-reading, editing, writing, or even working in a quiet pub.

Next order of business: buy a phone and find a reasonable place to live! I'll miss Kampot and all my wonderful new friends there, but after returning to Hanoi and seeing some friends here, I am reminded why I loved it in the first place. Opportunities already abound; I've been invited to a film screening tomorrow!

Now my real focus: food. I randomly ran into a German friend from Phnom Penh at my hostel and took her out for two of my faves, bun bo nam bo (noodles with peanuts, pork, and herbs), and banh troi (a sweet soup with ginger, peanuts, coconut milk, and sticky rice balls served hot). Pictures to come once a PC is found, but I can't not talk about food here as you know!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment